The first cohort meeting of the new Collecting Cultures Fund was held at the Museum of London and attended on behalf of National Football Museum by David Pearson (Deputy Director) and John O’Shea. It was a very thorough day (comprehensive notes were taken/shared) but four takeaway points are below:
1. Importance of Dialogue with Community
- Set up a blog (done!) This can be a central point for engagement.
- Use objects to engage dialogue (through forums etc.) Notify HLF, museum colleagues and public as acquisitions are made.
- Importance of Dissemination through peer publications and press
- September 2015 (date TBC) there will be a conference for all the projects.